Happy New Year everyone! Here in New Zealand its the First of the First 2012. I cant believe how quickly 2011 flew by - it seems when I was a child a single year felt so so long and now they go in the blink of an eye....
One thing that I would like to achieve this year is to keep my blog pretty active - So Im going to start with the Blog Your Heart Challenge from Stephanie Howell. I love Stephanies blog, how much she shares and how open and honest she is. Heres goes!
1. I'm a teeny bit scared of moving. We are moving back to my home town, a place I lived from birth to 18 and that I know so very well, but Im still scared and I cant pinpoint why. I'm worried Shaun wont like it or will resent leaving whats left of his family. Its silly because I know he wants to go and that it was him that put it all into place but I still worry.
2. I love Hannah more and more every day. When Hannah was born I remember thinking I wouldnt cope with her growing up and changing. That I would miss all the cute little things she did etc and if I didnt record them in some way, either on video or by writing it down I was failing. Im coping, and Im actually enjoying watching her grow and change! Shes starting to say more sentances and can pretty much copy any words we say (luckily she chooses not to copy bad words that occassionally slip out.....). I love that she knows what she wants and can make decisions now, even if you need a PHD to understand her sometimes ;) I love that I can *just* tie up her hair in little piggy tails and that this morning (after pulling them out constantly for two days) she asked for me to tie up her hair. I love being mother to a little girl :)
3. Im so proud of myself. For completing a whole year of Project Life! At the start of this year I didnt know if I would keep up. (I was so unsure that I wouldnt complete it that I didnt fill in the little cards at the start with the dates etc) As I realised it was such a great way to document all the little things that wouldnt normally get a scrapbook page I became more excited to fill in all those pockets. I just have the journaling cards from the last two weeks to fill in and two pictures from last night to print but Im calling this a complete success!
4. I cant wait to spend more time with my family. I only have a tiny immediate family, Shaun, Hannah, My Mum and Stepdad and my Nana but its not very often that we are all in the same place. When I travel up to visit my Mum and Nana, Shaun usually has to stay home because he has work. Now that we are all going to be living in the same small town I cant wait!! Only 13 more sleeps as my Mum just text me; I think shes pretty excited too!
5. I really miss my Grandad. Ok, this one is hard to write about. Hes been gone 19 months now. After all the presents were opened on Christmas day I got into a pretty stinky mood and I thought it was because Shaun and I had felt a little out of place at my Mum and Stepdads (my Stepdads family that Ive barely met were there and both Shaun and I are pretty shy people). Later in the afternoon I realised why I felt so stinky, its because it wasnt really Christmas without Grandad there - not the Christmas that Ive had my whole life anyway. Now, if you dont really know me I never had a dad growing up, my Grandad was my Dad to me. I also feel really guilty for not visiting him at the Cemetary as much as I should - I dont have an excuse other than its really emotionally draining and sometimes I just cant do it.
6. I want to get out and do more with Hannah. Take her to the library, start swimming lessons again (hopefully its not too long of a waitlist!), find a music and movement group for her, go to the park more, go for walks, things like that. I would love any suggestions of other things we can do! I think it would do us both the world of good to get out of the house more often. Another reason I cant wait to get settled in our new house!
Well I think that is all for now, it feels good to get some of this off my chest. I have a very upset two year old at the moment because I just told her her favourite dolly needs a bath! She also needs to be restuffed and restitched yet again. Fingers crossed she doesnt fall apart completly during her bath!
Thanks for reading :)