Monday, January 2, 2012

Project Life 2011 in Numbers & 2012 Goals

My first year of Project Life is completed and under my belt so to speak. I am very very proud of myself for completing a whole year of this project! (and its not at all often that I am proud of myself...)

At the start of 2011 I wrote some goals for my PL album - I can't find this list and I can only remember one of these goals, which I think was the most important one: 

At least one photo of myself per month.

Surprisingly enough, I completed this, well nearly. I thought I had taken one photo a month but after checking and rechecking I have no photos of myself for July. Whoops. But its ok, in the end there are 45 photos of myself in my 2011 album! An average of 3.5 per month! I say I completely kicked this goals behind! Considering I hardly ever get in front of the camera 45 is amazing!

Today I decided I needed to write some goals for my 2012 PL album. I already know that I am going to be  approaching this as a monthly project instead of a weekly one but I wanted something more. So I went through my 2011 album to see what was missing, what I took photos of the most etc. Here's the run down:

Hannah: 535 photos
Shaun: 64 photos
Hannah's DOLLY: 51 photos
Myself: 45 photos.

SERIOUSLY!?! There are more photos of my two year olds dolly than of myself? That seems rather ridiculous, but still funny.

I decided if I blog my PL2012 goals I wont be able to lose them and I'm more accountable so here goes.

Project 2012 Goals
  • At least two double page spreads per month.
  • At least one photo of myself per month.
  • Three photos of Shaun and I (minus Hannah) for the year.
  • Get Shaun to do at least one journaling card per month.
  • More photos without people; ie our house and surroundings etc.

I really think these are achievable for 2012. And honestly, if I only achieve 2 of the 5 I will still be happy :)

5 comments:

  1. Great goals, I too lack when it comes to pictures of myself....I really hope to make an apperance in them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goals seem very achieveable joanne, although asking SHaun to do one journal card per month is brave and I hope that he does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I am yet to set any for myself, but I think I will take inspiration from yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!! I have way more photos of everyone else too...have to remember to get some of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Joanne for finishing PL for 2011. Great goals for 2012, WTG!

    ReplyDelete